Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Have I got a treat for you! It is so good that I had it for breakfast! While I was stalking Pinterest one night, I found a recipe for a single serving of chocolate chip cookie dough that is safe to eat because it contains no eggs. That's right. I said it. Safe to eat chocolate chip cookie dough. I have heard that you can make this but I have never looked for a recipe. Since I stumbled upon this one, I decided to try it. You can find the original recipe here.


First, I mashed my butter. You need 1 1/2 TBSP of it.



Then, you add the dry ingredients. You need 3 TBSP flour and 2 TBSP sugar. I used 1 TBSP white sugar and 1 TBSP brown sugar.




Then, mix everything until it is crumbly.




Next, add a splash vanilla and the milk, a little bit at a time. Add enough to make it a cookie dough consistency. You will need a little less than 1 TBSP milk. (The original recipe doesn't call for vanilla. But I had to have it.)




Add the desired amount of chocolate chips and enjoy! I stuck mine in the fridge for a few minutes because I like it cold.




I'm linking up to Made From Scratch Tuesdays with From Mess Hall to Bistro! Enjoy!

Photobucket

Also linking up to Tasty Tuesday over at For the Love of Blogs!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks yummy. But I have to admit I eat cookie dough raw, eggs and all. I LOVE Pinterest. I'm not following your boards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I'm NOW following your boards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon a cake that was frosted with chocolate chip cookie dough ( with no eggs)I am going to try it out sometime soon! I too am guilty of eating it even if it does have eggs. I just wrote this down.. may be my snack today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yumm!! i'm going to have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. It's one in the morning, and I should be going to bed, but instead I'm looking at your delicious food and my stomach is grumbling - because, well, there's NOTHING better than chocolate chip cookies - they're totally one of my favorite, favorite foods! I (surprisingly!) have all the ingredients for this, and will totally be making it in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How long would this be ok in the fridge for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Good! I loved how it tasted without eggs and with vanilla. Made a very good after school snack(: Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful! Just enough to satisfy the craving. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious as is, but a spoonful of Nutella makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you don't have any chocolate chips try putting in half a TBSP of cocoa powder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love this idea! Great post!

    catherinetakesonclassy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'd add just a dash of salt.

    ReplyDelete