Monday, August 1, 2011

Miscellany Monday

A lot has been going on around here! As the school year approaches, I am finding myself scrambling to get all these projects done that I thought I would do over the summer. I guess you could say I procrastinated a bit, but Holly and I sure had fun playing while I did so!

On Friday we celebrated my hubby's grandparent's 70th wedding anniversary. Yep. 70 YEARS! Can you believe it?! They are such a great example for hubby and I and an inspiration for all. They have been through a lot together and are still going strong!

We also celebrated my dad's 56th birthday. We weren't able to get together but I think we will next weekend. He loves my potato salad so I think I'll make some for him!

Hubby brought me sweet corn to freeze today. I was not planning on freezing any corn since I am running out of time, but he brought enough for 18 pints. He even helped me, which was huge! It would have taken me all day to do what we did in a couple hours! And Holly husked her first ears of corn. She snuck in a few bites, too! You can find my recipe for freezing sweet corn here.

Hubby also helped me clean the house while I cleaned the silk off the ears. He vacuumed and cleaned the dining room and washed Holly's booster seat. Boy, is Holly a messy eater! Those of you who are married to farmers know that when there is fence to fix, hay to bale, and cows to check, this rarely happens. I am considering this an anniversary present.

Hubby and I will be celebrating 4 years of marriage this week. Not quite 70, but we have been together for 11 1/2 years! I am trying to plan a date night to celebrate! That is if I can get hubby off the farm for a few hours!

I graduated with my master's degree on Friday. With everything going on, I was unable to make the ceremony. I am anxiously awaiting my diploma in the mail! I am so glad that I am done! It feels good knowing that now I have more time to procrastinate and play with Holly!

Have a great week!


Linking up to lowercase letters for miscellany monday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by This Southern Girls Nest! I have to say that I am going to give your potato salad a try. I have never made any and have been looking for a good recipe.

    Wow, they have been married a long time. That's wonderful! And happy anniversary to you and your hubby as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on #2! It sure has been an adjustment, but I love my two babies so much! Your frozen sweet corn sounds amazing, but I don't think I've ever had that much corn in my house at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the master's degree. 70 years of marriage is amazing. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary and y'all get to do something special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like you have been BUSY! Congratulations on your Master's Degree! What a HUGE accomplishment! I'm sure it feels wonderful to have that done! Happy Monday!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna thanks for visiting my blog! Congrats on your anniversary and getting your masters! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete