At my house we eat a lot of beef and pork, in case you haven't noticed yet. But I love chicken! A few times every month I try to get in some chicken dishes. We even bought some whole chickens from an area farmer. They are delish!
Last night it I made fried chicken. It takes a little time to do but both my hubby and I love it! Here is the recipe that I use. This is another recipe that I usually don't measure but I measured it last night so that I could share it! This recipe is for one whole chicken.
Easy Fried Chicken
In a large resealable plastic bag, mix together the following:
2 cups flour
1 TBSP garlic powder
1TBSP onion powder
1/2 TBSP paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp poultry seasoning
In a shallow bowl, mix 1 egg, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup flour. Add some pepper. I have also used beer or water in place of the water.
Coat the chicken with the egg mixture then put it in the bag and shake until it is coated with the seasoned flour mixture.
Fry in oil that has been preheated to 375 degrees.
Fry until juices run clear. You never want to eat chicken undercooked!
Happy cooking (and eating)!
No comments:
Post a Comment