I mad a major fail in the kitchen the other night! I mean major. While cooking the potatoes for some potato salad, I overcooked them. They were mashed potatoes when I drained them and I didn't even have to mash them! Luckily I had some more potatoes that I cooked for my salad and I used the mashed potatoes for one of our favorite side dishes, twice baked mashed potatoes.
Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes
2 lbs potatoes, cooked and mashed
1/2 cup sour cream
1/8 - 1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cup shredded cheese
chopped onion, to taste
2 - 3 strips cooked and crumbled bacon
salt and pepper, to taste
Cook and mash potatoes. Add sour cream, milk, butter, and 1/2 the cheese and stir. Add the bacon, onion, salt, and pepper. Put in a small greased casserole dish and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about a half hour. I almost always top with chives, and I just use the freeze dried ones you get in the spice aisle. (But as you can see I did not have any the night I made this and took the picture.)
Happy cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment