Saturday, July 9, 2011

My First Po' Boy

While in Chicago, my sister and I went to Heaven on Seven, a quaint little Cajun style cuisine on the seventh floor of a building on Wabash. I tried my first po' boy sandwich, the shrimp po' boy. It was great! The shrimp was crispy, the bread was toasty and buttery, and the sauce had a nice tang to it. The coleslaw was scrumptious! With my sandwich I also got a bowl of gumbo, which I was also eating for the first time. I really liked the rice in it.





Of course if you didn't think it was spicy enough (it really wasn't spicy at all), there was a wide variety of sauces you could add.





I didn't try any, but I was very curious about the "Hot Buns At The Beach". These were just the sauces that were on the table. There were over 3,000 on the wall as a display! I had no idea there were that many kinds of sauces! Can you believe it?!

And of course since I was on vacation, I had to have dessert! This was another first for me since I had never had key lime pie before. It was cool and creamy. The whipped cream was to die for!




Are there any other places that you recommend to eat in Chicago? I need to start planning my return trip!

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell you, Shrimp Po' Boy is my FAVORITE sandwich. EVER! We're actually having them for dinner tomorrow. Yum!

    ReplyDelete