If there is one thing that I make on the grill that is my hubby's favorite, it's these ground pork burgers. With onion and cheese, these burgers satisfy the need for a burger that is a little different!
Ground Pork Burgers
1 pound ground pork
chopped onion
shredded cheese
salt
pepper
Chop the onion. Add it to a bowl with the shredded cheese. The amount you use depends on your taste, although if you use too much it will be hard for the burgers to stay together.
Add the ground pork and the salt and pepper. Don't be afraid to add a little more salt. The salt will help to absorb some of the moisture and help the burgers to bind. I probably add about a teaspoon.
Make as many patties as you wish. I usually make four patties for us.
Grill on a preheated grill until done. They will stick to the grates and make a mess, so it is a good idea to grease them first. Except I usually am too lazy to do that.
Serve with tomato, onion, lettuce, cheese, jalapeno, and any other topping you wish! My hubby prefers mayonnaise. I eat mine chopped up with pork and beans. My daughter eats hers by dipping in ketchup.
Happy grilling!
No comments:
Post a Comment